"Absolutely great golf!"
- Early season walleyes on Gull Lake are best taken with minnows.
- When walleye fishing, always fish the particular structure where the wind is blowing onto the shallow water.
- All you need to fish with a guide is a fishing license, available at Cragun's Marina.
- The best early season walleye fishing runs from mid-May to July 4th.
- The best fishing opportunity on Gull Lake is bass, from the opener to late September. The reason is because of the strong catch and release ethic of the anglers.
- For northern pike, it isn't necessary to go any farther than Steamboat Bay on Gull.
- The far southern bays of Steamboat, Pike, Van Sickle and Wilson are my favorites for bass and panfish.
- If you want panfish, don't overlook the great dock fishing for kids at Cragun's.
- My favorite bass lure is a mushroom head jig with a plastic worm.
- For the best walleye fishing, try Gull Lake in September and October, using a jig and minnows.