While we can’t officially disclose if Cragun’s Resort was Kim and Kanye’s fourth mystery destination wedding location, we can tell you that a destination wedding at Cragun’s is less expensive than a destination wedding in Florence, Italy.
Destination weddings are all the rage, but you don’t need to go all the way to Italy to give your guests a destination wedding experience. Why not look for a destination wedding location within driving distance? A destination wedding is not only an exciting option for the couple getting married; it’s also a welcome change for the guests, who can enjoy a vacation as well as a wedding.
How to Plan a Destination Wedding:
- Choose a location that can accommodate all of your events–it may not be a private chateau like the one that Kim and Kanye got married in, but Cragun’s has over 250 rooms with several different lodging options, various event spaces to fit weddings both large and small. You need a place for the groom’s dinner, the rehearsal, the ceremony, reception, and gift opening. Cragun’s has the facilities to easily accommodate all of your needs.
- Plan fun activities to your guests. This is a vacation for your guests as well as a wedding. Give your guests options to spend their free time. While Kim and Kanye’s guests enjoyed live performances by Lana Del Ray and private tours of Versailles, guests at Cragun’s can enjoy a golf tournament with the wedding party, a day of pampering at Gull Lake Spa, a fishing contest on Gull Lake, relaxation time on the beach or around the camp fire at night, planned family activities and entertainment for your guests.
- Provide detailed itineraries (with options for free time) to your guests. Keep in mind the interests of your guests and put together a sample schedule asking them to sign up in advance for activities that interest them. Some of your guests will want to spend the time before and after the wedding simply relaxing and visiting, others will want to be busy every moment enjoying this “vacation” getaway.
- Provide your guests with a culinary experience. Food is a great way to incorporate regional flair into your wedding. A BBQ on the beach, a marshmallow roast around the campfire, walleye fillets as one of your entrée choices, wild rice pilaf and even rhubarb pie for dessert.
- Plan a worry-free wedding. Pretend that you’re a celebrity and let professional wedding planners help you with the planning and execution of your dream destination wedding.