Going to the apple orchard is a great way to get outside and have fun with the family in the fall. But just what should you do with all of the apples that you’ve picked after your visit to the apple orchard? The good news is that you don’t need to bake 20 pies to get rid of all of those apples. Here are 10 delicious apple recipes that will help you make the most out of apple season!
1. Fun, tasty and creative these creepy apple mouths can be made with healthy ingredients like almond butter and sliced almonds. Despite the “healthy” ingredients, kids will love these fun treats.
2. Chunky or smooth – what’s your preference? When you make your own applesauce you get to choose. You also get to choose your level of sweetness, and it couldn’t be any easier to make.
3. Do you have memories of your mother or grandmother making apple butter? It was an all day affair, in the oven and it involved a lot of stirring during the process. The smell that permeated your house made it worth all the effort! Now you can make a delicious and easy apple butter in the slow cooker.
4. If you’re not feeling ready to tackle pie crust and all it involves, Apple Crisp provides an easy alternative that gives you the very best parts of a pie with none of the challenges that making a pie presents.
5. Nothing says fall like biting into a crisp, chewy caramel apple. There are so many varieties of apples available beginning in mid-September and continuing throughout the fall that you can choose the apple that best suits your taste.
6. Warm, crisp and sweet Apple Fritters make the perfect fall treat. The recipe is easy enough that these would make the perfect after school snack.
7. German Apple Cake is a moist, easy to make cake that is ideal to share at fall gatherings. The ingredients go together in less than 5 minutes – the hardest part of the recipe is peeling the apples!
8. Apfelpfannkuchen – authentic German Apple Pancakes are super easy to make and a great way to start the day when served with thick slices of bacon and maple syrup.
9. When the seasons change from summer to fall, so should some of your favorite recipes. When you add apples and minced parsley to your traditional coleslaw recipe and then top with this delicious poppy seed honey dressing you will be creating a new favorite recipe for this new season.
10. Ham, Gruyere and Apple Panini with crispy bread, melted cheese, savory apples and ham is the perfect sandwich to usher in cooler temperatures. If you don’t have a panini press, you can heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and cook your sandwich for a couple minutes on each side, pressing it down using a big lid to make full contact with the hot pan.