Cragun’s gives exciting update regarding resort expansion and improvement
Cragun’s Resort is excited to announce that this winter marks the half-way point of our $20 million-dollar resort expansion and improvement project. Starting in late 2015, Cragun’s embarked on an aggressive plan to remodel, replace, and add new amenities and lodgings, all to ensure the property’s continued success.
“Over the years, guests have told us how much they appreciate our family-friendly atmosphere and the true “up north” experience they receive at Cragun’s,” said Eric Peterson, General Manager of Cragun’s Resort. “We put a plan together to update the public areas, provide more new, improved and larger cabins, upgrade the lodge rooms facilities, all while still maintaining the feel our guests love. Every improvement is designed to fit with the features Cragun’s guests enjoy coming back for, like our mile-long sandy beach, championship golf courses, full-service marina, and dining options.”
To date, the improvements include the following:
• The Lobby and Lobby Gift Shop have been updated with enhanced lighting, an expanded gift selection, and interactive television with information on the resort.
• Cragun’s lake-level Marina was fully remodeled with new floors, walls, displays, up-to-date bait tank, and 2 new bathrooms.
• Several meeting rooms were updated with new carpeting, window treatments, doors, trim, and furniture.
• A new signage program has started to aid guests in finding their way around the resort.
• Cragun’s purchased Destiny Cruises’ luxury yacht, the North Star, renaming the business Gull Lake Cruises. The 65’ yacht is docked at Cragun’s resort and offers both public and private cruises from May-October.
• New summer marina rental equipment has been purchased including seven new pontoons, four speedboats, jet skis, stand-up paddleboards, rowboats, canoes, and bicycles.
• Lodge Room wood-burning fireplaces have been converted to electric.
• The Hungry Gull Food Cart was added for summer beach dining, and the Cabana Café was built for year-round indoor poolside dining.
• A new fleet of environmentally-friendly electric golf carts equipped with GPS was added.
• Legacy course bridges were all either repaired or replaced.
• The Legacy Clubhouse has been updated with paint and flooring.
• Cragun’s was awarded a Mackenzie Tour – PGA TOUR Canada golf tournament, formally recognized as the CRMC Championship, as part of a six-year deal. The CRMC Championship tournament will take place on August 17-23, 2020 at Cragun’s Legacy Courses.
• Six new Bayview Villa lodges have been added to Cragun’s, each offers 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. Popular with families, golf groups and small corporate groups, the new Villas replace three of the original cabins overlooking the south beach area.
• Because of the popularity of the Bayview Villas, work has begun on Cragun’s Hillside Cabins. Six of the 12 cabins have either been remodeled or completely rebuilt, each offering from 3 to 6 bedrooms.
• The 21 Shoreline Suites were completely updated with new bathrooms, carpet, kitchens, hardgoods, altered bedding configurations, and furniture.
• Forty-eight additional Lodge Rooms have been updated with new lighting, carpet, bathroom tile and fixtures, countertops and furniture.
• Six large Homes at the Legacy have been added off the resort property, located close to the Legacy Golf Courses. The homes offer 6 to 10 bedrooms, perfect for large golf groups, and include separate game rooms, large screen TV’s, game tables and fire pit.
“It’s a process, but one we are approaching with gusto,” said Eric Peterson. “Cragun’s is celebrating our 80th year in business in 2020, and we look forward to continuing our legacy of great customer experiences.”
If you haven’t been to Cragun’s lately, stop out…let us show you around or book today to experience our new offerings. We know you will be as excited as we are about all the great things happening at Cragun’s!